Your privacy is an important part of our relationship with you. Protecting your privacy is only part of our mission to provide a secure web environment. When using our site, including our services, your information will remain strictly confidential. Contributions made on our blog or on our forum are open to public view; so please do not post any personal information in your dealings with others. We accept no liability for those actions because it is your sole responsibility to adequate and safe post content on our site. We will not share, rent or share your information with third parties.
When you visit our site, we collect technical information about your computer and how you access our website and analyze this information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the operating system used by your computer, the browser (eg, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or other) your computer uses, the name of your Internet service provider (ISP), the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website from which you come and the URL to which you go next and certain operating metrics such as the number of times you use our website. This general information can be used to help us better understand how our site is viewed and used. We may share this general information about our site with our business partners or the general public. For example, we may share the information on the number of daily unique visitors to our site with potential corporate partners or use them for advertising purposes. This information does contain any of your personal data that can be used to contact you or identify you.
When we place links or banners to other sites of our website, please note that we do not control this kind of content or practices or privacy policies of those sites. We do not endorse or assume no responsibility for the privacy policies or information collection practices of any other website other than managed sites LaraClassifier.
We use the highest security standard available to protect your identifiable information in transit to us. All data stored on our servers are protected by a secure firewall for the unauthorized use or activity can not take place. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always a risk that low-intentioned manage to find a way to thwart our security system or that Internet transmissions could be intercepted.
Data we collect automatically when you use of our Services
When you interact with our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- We collect device-specific information such as operating system version, unique identifiers. For example, the name of the mobile network that you are using. We associate the device identifiers with your 100ADS account.
- Depending on your device permissions, if you post an item on our Platform, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers. Your location data allows you to see user items near you and helps you in posting items within your location. In case we need your location data, we will first show you a pop-up which will ask you to choose to allow or not to allow us to access your location data. If you do not allow us to have access to your location data, you will still be able to use our Services but with limited functionality. If you do allow us to access your location data you can always change this later by going to the settings on our Website or App our Platform and disable the permissions related to location sharing.
Client and Log data
- Technical details, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone and operating system. We will also store your login information (registration date, date of last password change, date of the last successful login), type and version of your browser.
- We collect information about your activity on our Platform, which includes the sites from which you accessed our Platform, date and time stamp of each visit, searches you have performed, listings or advertisement banners you clicked, your interaction with such advertisements or listings, duration of your visit and the order in which you visit the content on our Platform.
Why do we process your personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests to improve our Services and to provide you a safe and secure Platform.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In certain circumstances, we may also process your personal data based on your consent. If we do this, we will let you know the purpose and the category of personal data to be processed at the time we seek your consent.
We have set out below a description of the reasons for which we use your personal data, [and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate].
1. If you log in using your mobile number or email id, we use your first name and last name, mobile number and/or e-mail address to identify you as a user and provide access to our Platform.
2. If you log in using your Facebook account or Google account or your Apple ID, we use your first name and last name and your email address of such account, as well as the URL to your profile picture (except for Apple ID) we use your first name and last name from your Facebook profile and the Facebook e-mail address to identify you as a user on our Platform and to provide you access to our Platform.
3. We use third party payment service providers to process any payment you make to our Services. Depending on the method of payment, you may be requested to provide us with your payment and credit card details which we will then provide to the payment service provider in order to process your payment. We do not store your credit card information, unless you choose the option to save such information in order to make recurring payments easier without having to re-enter your details each time. In such cases, we only store your card holder name, the card expiry date, your card type and the last four digits of the card number. We do not store any credit card code verification values and merely forward such values and your credit card number in an encrypted manner for the purpose of processing your payment by our payment service provider.
We process the above information for adequate performance of our contract with you.
For improving your experience on the Platform and developing new functionalities of the Platform
1. We use clickstream data to:
- Offer you tailored content, such as giving you more relevant search results when using our Services.
- To determine how much time you spend on our Platform and in what manner you navigate through our Platform in order to understand your interests and to improve our Services based on this data. For example, we may provide you with suggestions on content that you can visit based on the contents you have clicked.
- To monitor and report the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and internal business analysis.
2. If you choose to provide us with your location data, we use your location data for following purposes:
- To compile anonymous and aggregated information about the characteristics and behavior of 100ADS users, including for the purposes of business analysis, segmentation and development of anonymous profiles.
- To measure and monitor your interaction with the third-party advertisement banners, we place on our Platform.
3. With the help of your account information, which includes your email ID and phone number, we map the different devices (such as desktop, mobile, tablets) used by you to access our Platform. This allows us to associate your activity on our Platform across devices and helps us in providing you a seamless experience no matter which device you use.
4. We use the images you upload, the descriptions and prices you provide in your ad listings to train machine learning models to personalize search results in relation to ad ranking and user interest, to improve the identification and presentation of ad listings, to improve the search function and to increase the likelihood of a successful sale. This helps us to improve our Services and to provide you with a better user experience.
5. To show and recommend ad listings on our Services that may be of interest to you, we make use of algorithms that use information related to your browsing behavior, items you bought, clickstream data, your user ID and your location data if you have given us permission to use this. We use this form of automated decision-making on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and provide a better user experience by offering you more relevant ad listings.
6. We access and analyze your chat messages with other users conducted through the chat function on our Platform, for product enhancement and to provide you with a better user experience (e.g. to identify sold items and to provide you with active listings only). Therefore, we develop and train machine learning models and algorithms to automatically analyze your chat content. To build and train our machine learning models our machine learning specialists may review exemplary chat content manually. In these circumstances highly restricted access rights apply to selected machine learning specialists analyzing the chat content. During this analyzation process, we are de-identifying chat content as much as possible by applying a scanning filter to detect and hide personal data such as names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses. However, there may still be cases beyond our control in which the chat content may show certain personal data that you have chosen to provide.
We process the above information for adequate performance of our contract with you and on the basis of our legitimate interest to improve your experience of our Services.
3. Who do we share your data with?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 3 above.
Corporate affiliates: We may share your data with our group companies, which are located within as well as outside India and help us in providing business operation services such as product enhancements, customer support and fraud detection mechanism.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our Services for example, cloud storage facilities.
We conduct checks on our third-party service providers and require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Advertising and analytics providers: In order to improve our Services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyze how people are using our Platform/Service. We, share your information with them in non-identifiable form for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis. For further details about our advertisers and analytics providers.
Law enforcement authorities, regulators and others: We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulators, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy statement.
Publicly available information: When you post an item for sale using our Services, you may choose to make certain personal information visible to other 100ADS users. This may include your first name, last name, your email address, your location and your contact number. Please note, any information you provide to other users can always be shared by them with others so please exercise discretion in this respect.
4. Your rights - data deletion requests
To exercise your privacy rights and choices, if you do not want us to process your data, then you can use the Data Deletion Requests feature to issue a request for its removal. The option to request data deletion is visible under Account > Settings> "CLOSE ACCOUNT"
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request — for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and 100ADS is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law.
5. Technical and organizational measures and processing security
All the information we receive about you are stored on secure servers and we have implemented technical and organizational measures that are suitable and necessary to protect your personal data. 100ADS continually evaluates the security of its network and adequacy of its internal information security program, which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of the 100ADS network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing. In addition, we ensure that all payment data are encrypted using SSL technology.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
6. Links to third-party websites